Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Unravelling by Nyx Hunt

 Unravelling by Nyx Hunt



My Rating: 🟊🟊🟊🟊
Spice Rating: 🌢


Blurb: 

The Accord promised coexistence.
Proximity never guaranteed safety.

Emery Hale is proof of that lie.

Contained. Watched. Isolated from everything familiar and pulled deeper into a world built on control, influence, and carefully managed obedience.

The men surrounding her are making moves. Some to protect her. Some to possess her. Some for reasons she still can't see.

And beneath the surface of vampire society, something is changing.The attraction she can't explain. The distance that feels deliberate. The truth arriving in pieces, each one worse than the last.

She thought she understood the danger. She has no idea what's already been set in motion.

The Accord held the world together.
The Unravelling has already begun.

A dark, slow-burn dystopian romance where control masquerades as protection, desire becomes dangerous, and proximity may cost more than freedom.
Book two of a series.




My Review:



This book picks up exactly where The Accord left off, throwing you straight into the aftermath as the world closes in. The tension and darkness that were building in the first book come to a head here, giving the story an even darker, more intense tone. From the very beginning, I was hooked, and that constant undercurrent of anticipation kept me uneasy, always feeling like something huge was just around the corner.

Nyx Hunt’s atmospheric, descriptive writing creates such a vivid, almost cinematic world, and I absolutely love her modern take on vampires. The world-building, intrigue, and rich plot had me completely immersed, while the hints that there is still so much more to come kept me desperate to find out what happens next.

The characters also become even more fully developed in this book, and I especially loved seeing the side characters from the first book really come into their own. Emery continues to be a standout for me. She’s strong, independent, smart, and feisty. So many times I found myself thinking, Emery, please just keep your head down! Of course, she never does—and honestly, that’s exactly why we love her!

Then the story explodes with drama and intrigue as the bigger picture starts to come into focus for both Emery and the reader at the same time. I loved the way everything unfolded, with revelations that made it nearly impossible to put the book down.

Sequels can sometimes fall short of the first book, but this one is even better. The author does an incredible job making the characters feel real, maintaining that relentless tension, and delivering a story that feels both satisfying and like the beginning of something much bigger.

I’m completely invested in this series, these characters, and this world, and I am impatiently waiting to see where the story goes next!

If you loved the first book, you absolutely need to keep reading. I’m hooked!







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Queen's Mistress by Sophia Green

 The Queen's Mistress by Sophia Green My Rating: 🟊🟊🟊🟊🟊 Blurb:  She saved the Queen’s life. Now she can’t escape it. When a commoner...