Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Coveted by Mara Redford

 Coveted by Mara Redford


My Rating: 🟊🟊🟊⯨
Spice Rating: 🌢🌢🌢


Blurb: 


The most ruthless heir on campus becomes my protector, whether I like it or not.

Lucan Hale torments me from my very first day at Darkbloom University.

He’s ice-cold and a rumored killer.

I can’t stand him, but I also can’t seem to escape him.

All I want is to fit in at my elite new college, because this scholarship is my one chance to leave behind my old world and a haunting dark secret.

But when I witness a murder during the college’s welcome ritual, I’m forced to accept Lucan’s over-the-top brand of help to survive.

And while he protects my life, I must shield myself against his possessiveness that knows no limits.

Because he’s made it clear that once he claims me…

I’ll always be his.

Coveted is a standalone dark romance featuring a morally gray billionaire who falls first and harder. Contains stalking.



My Review:


I loved this book. The pacing and plot were strong, and the murder mystery elements kept me engaged. The ending genuinely surprised me when the true culprit was revealed.

I especially enjoyed the main couple, Sadie and Lucan. Sadie is headstrong and independent, while Lucan is intensely devoted, and their chemistry was fantastic and explosive. I also appreciated how they gradually got to know each other, stopped hiding who they truly were, and helped each other become better versions of themselves. I particularly liked how Sadie influenced Lucan to repair his relationship with his mother.

If you’re looking for a fast-paced whodunit with a stalker, a woman reclaiming her worth, and a touch of dark, filthy dubcon, this book delivers.

Lucan is the kind of MMC you love to hate: a little unhinged, deeply morally gray, and fiercely protective in his own strange way. He will do anything to keep the object of his obsession safe.

Sadie has been through a lot and hopes Darkbloom will give her a fresh start. But on her first day on campus, she gets caught in Lucan’s web, witnesses a murder, and lands in the crosshairs of a psychopath—just not the one she wants. Watching her try to stand her ground, only to fall anyway, was so much fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Queen's Mistress by Sophia Green

 The Queen's Mistress by Sophia Green My Rating: 🟊🟊🟊🟊🟊 Blurb:  She saved the Queen’s life. Now she can’t escape it. When a commoner...